Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Mission Organization: Planner/Envelopes/Finances

Part of my organization this year includes not only being organized with all of our junk but also financially, physically, mentally..., all around, really. While at the store the other night I picked up some things that I have been needing (wanting?) to get things straightened out. I picked up a printer, a cash logging book, a new planner and some envelopes to start saving cash in. One major thing I want to save cash for is Christmas. Year after year I always tell myself I want to save so we are set and dont have to worry the following year. But again and again, it doesnt happen. I think that doing it electronically kinda messes with my head. Its much easier to spend when its a card youre swiping. This year, Im doing the envelop method; there is 60 in there so far. I have some other ideas I might start saving this way, but for now Im okay with Christmas cash. So, back to things I purchased.
Everything together

Inside of the cash book. I plan on taking this with me so I can balance my account out after my transactions.
Right inside, on the first page, I added my bills that are due on either the 1st or 15th pay. I hope to change my pay to once a month soon, but for now, this is when I pay them. I often dont get on my laptop and thats where I have the electronic version of this. Now, Ill have it on me at all times.


The planner is just your normal planner. It has a month and week by week view. With my PCS coming up and all the plans Im making, I have a feeling it can only help!




No comments:

Post a Comment