Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Re-Upholstered our chairs!

Ive been wanting to re upholster our chairs for the longest time now but have held off. BUT, I have a baby shower at our house this weekend so I had no choice. We really hadn't been using them because they were getting dirty and I didn't want to keep cleaning them when they didn't really look any better.

So, this is what we started with:
I know, they are pretty gross! Don't judge me :D 
I got this fabric/plastic from Hancock Fabrics. Both were on sale and I want to say the total was less $17. Its not something I'm in love with, but it works for now!
 

And this is the final product! Im really excited how they turned out! It was my first time doing something like this and I really cant wait to do more. The worst part was removing the other chairs. Putting the new fabric on was pretty easy. I used staples for it, but thanks to my friend, Im going to use her idea and try velcro next time. That way the fabric under the plastic is much easier to interchange.
Adding plastic was very smart. With 3 kids, messes are constantly happening. The day after I re did these chairs, guess what?! Something spilled on them. Thankfully with the plastic it was easy to remove!



No comments:

Post a Comment