Friday, November 23, 2012

Mission Organization: Important Document Binder

Well, Ive taken the past 2 days off of homework to just kinda relax. In turn, I have 2 chapters to read, a discussion to post after doing some research, a quiz and a paper to write. Due tomorrow. And, here I am...Still not able to concentrate. With that, I decided I would write this up and get this posted like Ive wanted to get done and maybe it will help me get into the focusing mode...Just on what I need to be focused on.

One of the main reasons I wanted to start blogging again was to keep on track with getting my life organized and to share the different things I make/do in order to get there. An Important Document Binder was one of the first things I thought about creating. I wanted a place to put important information so that if I needed to find one of the things that should be in there (Or my husband) I could just look there or direct him there. The other night I got started on this and so now I have the "skeleton" of this done. I have some sections separated out with some organizational things in there. I still have some work to do, but I feel like now it should be easier because I have the main part done. Now, I just have to build off of that.

I started with a plain white binder. It has a clear cover on the front that I can add a pretty cover if I want to. Right ow I just have a post card in the front with things I need to buy/do for the binder.
When you open the binder, on the left side I just have our birth certificates, marriage certificate, etc. I eventually want to get a folder type divider and put them under our names in the personal document area. The pink thing has a zipper on the other side. You can unzip to put anything small or maybe even pens/pencils/scissors, etc. Basically whatever works for you & I like the idea of having it in case.

The first section is the Personal Documents section.
Under the main cover (which, I want to make these prettier, but that will come later) are our different family members. Troy, Heather, Adrianna, Serenity, Nova. This is where I want to eventually have the birth certificates. I think I need to also add a section for family documents? To put our marriage certificate and the death certificate we have. But, Im still thinking about that and not quite sure about what I want to do. This is one area the folder type dividers would go...Each name would have one under it for personal documents for that person.
The next area is Finance.
Right now, all I have under this section are month dividers. Im not sure what I want to put here. Ive looked at some financial things and Ive considered adding up my assets/debts monthly and putting it here. I might also use the folder dividers and put my bi monthly budget sheets. Its open to ideas, so if you have any let me know. I considered putting bills, but I dont want to do that since I dont have all my accounts under paper billing. Maybe receipts? Im not sure what would work best.
The next sections are Medical. In here, The one thing I want to put is shot records. Thats all I can think of. We are all pretty healthy and dont have any major medical documents to put here. I want to section it out for each family member, like the other area was. I guess I could completely  take this out and put the shot records under their personal documents...Which might happen, but I still have time to think about that and how it would work best.


Insurance. Again, nothing is under this area, yet. Im thinking that our insurance paperwork will go here. Car insurance, home insurance once we get it. We really dont have medical insurance documentation to put here.


and Education. Nothing in here. Im thinking transcripts and report cards once Adrianna starts getting them. This is another area that Im not 100% sure on...But I think open to ideas is a good thing haha

In the end, I just have some extra dividers. I got all of these from the 99cent store, so it was really cheap. Same thing with the pink pouch in the beginning. I dont like the idea of spending a TON of money on things to get organized, so this has worked out great so far. Now I just need to add to it and make it work for our family.



No comments:

Post a Comment